I’ve decided to return to this blog and use it as a more personal space for cultivating my gratitude. In the past, I’ve kept a gratitude journal. It was a place where I’d record several things I was grateful for in a day. Some days, it was easy. On other days, it’s not so simple to find things for which to be grateful. However, it seems a bit more meaningful on the difficult days. It reminds me that no matter what happens, life really is a beautiful thing. There are numerous good things every single day.
Today, I’m grateful for:
1. my hearing… because the sound of the birds outside my window as I drink coffee and write this is so beautiful and serene;
2. my family… because they know almost everything about me and love me just the same;
3. my other support people… because they provide the voice of reason;
4. my health… though I’m working on improving it in general through weight loss, I’m so grateful I’ve been spared weight-related illness that could have impacted my quality of life even further — so grateful; and
5. for my job… I’m so happy to be in a job that I not only enjoy but also believe in… I know that I’m doing good things every day… and the best is yet to come.